Arizona Raceways - Big Wheel Rules 2013
1. Big Wheel Racers must be a minimum of 3 years old and may not be any older than 7 years old as of the first race in a given “series” in order to race in the Big Wheel category for the 2013 season.
2. Each Big Wheel Participant must complete a tech card, tech inspection at each race. Each participant requires a unique BW competition number. Contact the BW Coordinator or Track Officials for additional information/assistance.
3. Safety gear that the racer must wear to protect them from the track surface, heat or “crash” injury include:
• Helmet; bicycle type at a minimum
• Gloves; Open finger gloves are permitted but not recommended
• Long sleeve shirt or jacket
• Full length Pants that go from the hips to the ankle
• Elbow pads; Must be on the outside of clothes
• Knee pads; Must be on the outside of clothes
• Tennis shoes; NO open toed or open heal shoes are permitted for driver or crew on the race surface or staging lane area for their own safety.
4. If a racer crosses the center yellow line during their elimination round they are disqualified.
5. Once a racer is staged no one is permitted to touch them at the starting line except race officials unless otherwise stated/requested.
6. Hand brakes are permitted, but not recommended, on front wheel only and any metallic handlebars should have rubber or plastic handgrips.
7. Small children who are not racing are not permitted to be on the race surface at any time, this includes children in strollers or children being held by other persons.
8. Big Wheel Coordinators reserve the right to remove any big wheel which is deemed unsafe to race.
BIG WHEEL COORDINATORS:
JAY & SUMMER AXTELL